What are swimming pools:
A swimming pool is an artificial -entirely or partly a tank-, supplied with water from a suitable source, which is used for group swimming and recreation.
- Infections of the ears and sinuses
And more rarely:
- Infections of the genitourinary system
- Legionnaires’ disease
- Viral infections (e.g. hepatitis)
Sampling and analyses should be performed:
- At the start of the operation of the swimming pool
- After any repair
- Every week (according to Greek legislation)
- In cases of suspected water contamination, the number of samples and tests is increased according to the instructions of the competent authorities.
IWaterFood is an accredited laboratory by the ESYD according to ISO 17025, accreditation number 550-3 and performs all the microbiological and chemical analyses required by law and virological analyses if required.
- Specialized experience
- Long-term collaborations with public and private sector swimming pools
- Qualified staff
- Guidelines for control measures